Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Colorado Update

Well it's been about a week since I updated this blog. The kids and I are still enjoying Colorado and our time with Nana & Papa.

We had a grand adventure yesterday, Monday. We went to the rec. center in Lone Tree. They have a FANTASTIC indoor pool with a water slide, whale spouts that shoot up from the floor making a water umbrella that you can run and play and splash under, a lazy river and spray posts that make you feel like you are playing in a car wash. There was also a little kiddie slide in the zero entry section of the pool that Lily and Callie really enjoyed. Ashley is still a little young to be shooting down water slides by herself and the big one was way to big for any of the kids, except me. And I have to admit that once I climbed all the way to the top and looked at how high I was and how fast the water was shooting out, I had second thoughts. Having 2 of your 3 children watching you from below is a powerful motivator for sucking it up, facing your fears and going for it. So I did it. Lily and Callie cheered for me when I hit the water below. I did however think that once was enough. Ashley enjoyed sitting with Nana in the shallow end and watching what was going on. I took her out a little deeper (like 3 feet deep) and let her kick her little legs and feel the weightlessness of the water supporting her. She enjoyed that a lot too I think. If I had a waterproof camera, I would have brought it with me.

We are planning a trip to the mountains tomorrow and to the zoo on Thursday so watch for more updates.

No comments: