Thursday, October 21, 2010

Marathon Season Complete

Well, I've completed 2 marathons this year, Providence and Baystate. I enjoyed each of them thoroughly, but I am a little disappointed I was not able to make the cut for the Boston Marathon. Hopefully I'll be able to get a waiver to race Boston. If I HAD qualified, I might be in tears right now... Registration was over in 8 hours! Usually a couple of months to close up registration is fast, so I probably would NOT have registered on Monday. Crazy!

Next year will be all about 'fun runs', and taking a stab at winning the Grand Prix with my racing club the Colonial Road Runners for my age group in 2011. I have 3 more races to complete in our 'Grand Prix' series for this year. I am currently in 4th place, and looking to take 2nd or 3rd by the end of this. I took most of the races earlier in the year at a slow place because I was in 'training' mode. Next year it's all about SPEED. I'm really looking forward to next years training.... Month to month training rather than 4 months of training for one race.

No comments: